Our Comprehensive One day ZOOM workshop will enable you to quickly and effectively teach all aspects of language arts – based on phonemic awareness and phonics, taught kinesthetically and mnemonically. The principle of Zoo-phonics® maximizes understanding, memory, utilization and transference to all areas of the reading, spelling and writing process in a playful and concrete manner. This workshop is recommended for anyone who wants to learn Zoo-phonics® to teach to others. Zoo-phonics® is easy to learn. A Zoo-phonic workshop will train you to implement Zoo-phonics® effectively and see quick results! Our target audience includes teachers, administrators and parents of Preschool, Head Start, Kindergarten, 1st-3rd Grades, Title I, Title VII, Special Education, ELL/Bilingual, and tutors or instructional aides. A comprehensive one-day workshop
- Teaches the Animal Alphabet that “cements” sounds and shapes of the alphabet into memory through a Body Movement, allowing the children to utilize the alphabet immediately. Sequentially and developmentally teaches through the educational hierarchy: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Presents many playful phonemic awareness activities.
- Introduces many ideas to help you teach phonics, sound blending, reading, spelling, writing and critical thinking skills through use of both decodable books and literature.
- Emphasizes the alphabet, VC/CVC words, blends, digraphs and the schwa sound. A short introduction to the more advanced phonemic concepts (long vowels, diphthongs, silent letters and soft sounds) is included.
- Demonstrates how to reach all of your students (special needs, ELL, gifted, etc.).