The Zoo-phonics Methodology is fun and efficient for English Language Learners! Because children use animals drawn in the shapes of the letters and body movements to learn the alphabet, the sounds of the alphabet (many of the sounds they need to learn to speak English) are mastered in a few days.
All phonemic awareness skills are taught with the animal alphabet so children gain the foundation for future speech, reading, spelling, and writing. Within months, children are able to put VC/CVC words together as well as learn the meaning and usage of the words. Within a short time, more challenging graphemes/phonemes (still using the animal letters and body movements for memory) are taught along with sentence structure, word meaning, and the rules for capitalization and punctuation. Literature, music, movement, and drama are a strong part of the curriculum. The magic is the fun that the children have as well as gaining high success. Few other programs can say that their methodology is an equalizer in the classroom.
- Using the Wild to Teach the Child (in PDF format) – A standards and skill-based K-2 jumpstart lesson guide specifically designed for the ELD Student
- The Adventuresome Kids Manual (in PDF format) – Alphabet and Phonemic Awareness Activities that Cross the Curriculum
- Large Animal Alphabet Picture Cards with Merged Animal/Letters on reverse side and set of matching Lowercase Letters
- Capital Large Animal Alphabet Cards with Merged Animal/Capital Letters on one side with Capital Letters on reverse
- Small Animal Alphabet Cards with corresponding Body Signal instructions on reverse
- Small Animal Alphabet Merged Animal/Letter Cards with corresponding Lowercase Letters on reverse
- Small Animal Alphabet Merged Capital Animal/Letter Cards with corresponding Capital Letters on reverse
- Music That Teaches (download) – with all our most popular original songs and lyric booklet
- Beginning Sound Flash Cards (blends & digraphs)
- Signal Practice Video (streaming)
- Animal Alphabet Grid Set* (8.5” x 14”): Animal, Merged Animal, Lowercase Letter, Merged Capital and Capital Letter
- Activity Worksheets* (in PDF format)
- Reader Level A Set • Books 1, 2 & 3 (1 copy each)
- Animal Alphabet Puppets* (in PDF format)
- Zoo Mini-Books Black Line Masters and Teacher’s Guide*
- Colored Mini-Books Set – one of each title (29 Mini-Books)
- Student Handwriting Worksheets* (in PDF format)
- The Zoo-phonics Quick Tests for the Classroom (in PDF format)
- Zoo-Kids Signal Poster
*These materials are reproducible.