The Secret Code Desert
These crazy snakes have some secret messages for your children! You will see that this is a secret code waiting children to decode! Tell children that they will become “super sleuths*” as they play this game.
Every cloud contains a number and a letter. Example: “2 = b.” The child must choose and then grab and drag the matching “number-letter-cloud” to the matching number on the plateau**. As she or he matches the number-cloud to the number, if correct, the number will turn pink, and then turn green, and make a cute musical noise. Watch the snakes move! If the letter is wrong, it will return to its place in the sky.
INTERESTING WORD FACTS:
* Tell children that a sleuth is a detective. Detectives solve mysteries.
**Tell children that a plateau is a flat mountain top; high level ground.
If you need help, click onto the Walkie-Talkie and Zoophonia will come out and read aloud the whole sentence. Zeke Zebra will then come and direct your child to the next number to match.
Once done, Zoophonia will come out and read the sentence (or phrase) again. The child’s reward is watching the animation of the silly snakes as they leave the plateau. A new game starts once they’ve returned.
Lesson Objective. The child will:
- use critical thinking skills
- use eyes to track from left-to-right
- learn word reading skills
- become aware of sentence structure, including uppercase letter and punctuation usage.
- understand that words and sentence structure get more challenging as child gains phonics and reading skills
- learn to listen carefully and follow directions
- make decisions
- learn how to navigate and manipulate interactive elements on a screen using eye-hand coordination
- have a vehicle to practice sound-blending using Body Signals if needed
You can purchase and download the full Read & Spell with Zoo-phonics Interactive Games HERE!
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
Windows 7, 8, or 10
1 GB RAM or more
10 MB hard drive space or more
HD Monitor (for full screen display)